These beautiful little angels were sent from heaven to all who celebrate the baptism are surrounded by the love of God.
Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit (vitae spiritualis ianua), and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission:
Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water in the word. CCC #1213.
Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit. (John 3:5)
Date & Time of the Baptisms
Baptism usually takes place the 2nd and 4th Saturday of every month. At the Parish Temple located at 11691 NW 25 Street, Doral, Florida 33172, Usual time 9:00 AM.
Requirements for Baptisms
Please carefully read the requirements for the Baptism of your child.
- Complete the Baptism Application (page # 1)
- Allow TWO to THREE months previous to the requested date of Baptism to start the procedure.
- Attached to the form you must include:
- copy of your childâ€™s legal birth certificate,
- copy of the parents and godparentsâ€™ identification,
- copy of parents and God-parents Pre-baptismal certificate (see note about Pre-Baptismal Class)
- The suggested donation of $120.00, either check or money order, should also be attached to the documentation in order to reserve the date of baptism.
Parents and godparents are required to attend a pre-baptismal class prior to the Baptism date.
- Pre-baptismal classes take place every 1st & 3rd Saturday of the month at 4:45 pm at the Parish Hall located at 11691 NW 25 Street, Doral, Fl 33172 (please click here to see the dates of the Spanish classes or here to see the dates for the English classes).
- If the God-parents reside in other area within the USA they should go to their parish to attend the pre-baptismal class to obtain the certificate.
- If the God-parents reside in a foreign country, they should attend the class in their parish to obtain their certificate and immediately forward a copy to us.
- As soon you receive the certificate bring it to our parish office or e-mail them to email@example.com.
Requirements for Godparents of Baptism
This text was taken from the Cannon Law of the Catholic Church.
If you want to read it on line please click here.
Can. 872 Insofar as possible, a person to be baptized is to be given a sponsor who assists an adult in Christian initiation or together with the parents presents an infant for baptism. A sponsor also helps the baptized person to lead a Christian life in keeping with baptism and to fulfill faithfully the obligations inherent in it.
Can. 873 There is to be only one male sponsor or one female sponsor or one of each.
Can. 874 Â§1. To be permitted to take on the function of sponsor a person must:
- be designated by the one to be baptized, by the parents or the person who takes their place, or in their absence by the pastor or minister and have the aptitude and intention of fulfilling this function;
- have completed the sixteenth year of age, unless the diocesan bishop has established another age, or the pastor or minister has granted an exception for a just cause;
- be a Catholic who has been confirmed and has already received the most holy sacrament of the Eucharist and who leads a life of faith in keeping with the function to be taken on;
- not be bound by any canonical penalty legitimately imposed or declared;
- not be the father or mother of the one to be baptized.
Can. 874 Â§2. A baptized person who belongs to a non-Catholic ecclesial community is not to participate except together with a Catholic sponsor and then only as a witness of the baptism.